Sunday, January 1, 2012

happy new year!

Well, here we are, the first day in 2012! I can't believe how the year has flown by and how much has truly happened this past year. AMAZING that this time last year I was about 14 weeks pregnant and just beginning to feel somewhat normal again. BUT, I'm not going to recap our year week by week day by day...we would be here for the rest of 2012. So, let me hit the high (and low) points of our roller coaster 2011.

Jon+Bri+Baby = 3

  • We found out we were having a GIRL!
  • Jonathan was offered a job in San Diego
  • We found a new home and then decided to move to San Diego instead
  • San Diego fell apart...not literally, but for us it did
  • We moved in with my folks during the transition
  • My best friend Brynn got married!! 
  • Jonathan left his current job due to ethical issues...what a nightmare that was
  • Waited, waited, and waited for our baby to arrive
  • 4th of July came and went, no baby
  • She's HERE! McKinley Sophia Hoffman born July 7, 2011 8 lbs 6 oz 21.5 in long arrived via C-Section 
  • He's HERE! Peyton James Beckett was born July 9, 2011! Amber and I had hoped to have the kids close together and who would have thought we would end up in the hospital together. What an incredible experience!
  • Jonathan started an amazing internship with Eagle Fire Department 
  • Rose and Brandon tied the knot and McKinley attended her first wedding
  • Then the week before I was supposed to head back to work Jonathan was offered a position with Ada Boi
  • I gave my two weeks notice! My dream of being a full time mommy was coming TRUE!
  • NEW HOME! We found our new home and moved in just a week later!
  • McKinley's first Halloween, she dressed up like a skeleton princess (that sounds so morbid, but it was hot pink and glowed in the dark...super cute) and we went down Harrison Boulevard
  • He's HERE! Grant Michael Dismuke was born December 9, 2011!! Autumn and Daniel (my cousins) welcomed their first baby! The kids are hardly 5 months apart, so fun!
  • CHRISTMAS! I hosted my first Christmas breakfast at my house :) SO FUN!
  • Lastly we ring in the new year quietly at home!


What an incredible year and I can not wait for all that 2012 has to bring. The Lord has been so good to Jonathan and I! He is always faithful and blesses us beyond measure. I pray that we continue to seek his will in our lives and in McKinley's life as well! :)

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing this post, it was great to read :) Happy New Year to you and your sweet family.
    xoxo Elyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elyce! Happy New Year to you two as well! :)

    Lots of love <3
    Bri

    ReplyDelete